There are two assignment below, and its related. The second one is discussion.
Week 1 module
Placing your writing in “context” helps you understand its benefits. You will locate a “dream job” that can be sought after graduation. Your course assignments will use this information to help you evaluate your career choice.
We will use monster.com (or other sources) to locate your dream job.
NOTE: Our module next week will open on Tuesday at 8 a.m., as Monday is a university holiday.
The Elements of Technical Writing, Chapter 1.
Use Monster.comor other source to locate your dream job.
1. Start a new discussion in the Discussions forum for your dream job:
- Click on the button at the top of the page.
- Use your last name and the title of your dream job as the topic title.
- Copy and paste the dream job information, including qualifications, duties, and skills into the text box. Also include the link from Monster.com or other job search source.
- Skip the other details, and Save your post.
2. As a reply to your own post, complete the following:
- First, review the syllabus, which includes:
- expectations of course engagement (page 1)
- knowledge of module instruction (page 2)
- policies on academic integrity (page 3)
- the weekly course instruction (page 4).
- Now, comment on your understanding of the course syllabus and how you can contribute to your success in this course in 75 to 100 words.
- Finally, do you have the required textbook for this course?
Week 2 module
Our main document for this course is the white paper report. We will work through the sections of the report, as we also learn about documents that are used in professional workplaces.
What is a white paper report?
“Typically, the purpose of a white paper is to advocate that a certain position is the best way to go or that a certain solution is best for a particular problem. When it is used for commercial purposes, it could influence the decision-making processes of current and prospective customers.” PurdueOWL
This will be the purpose of our white paper report:
“That a certain solution is best for a particular problem.”
This will be the structure of our white paper report:
Introduction (150 to 200 words)
Discussion (550 to 800 words)
Recommendation/s (150 to 200 words)
Sources (7 sources)
In the next few weeks we will examine problems in our chosen career fields, and work towards offering a solution.
Review The Elements of Technical Writing, Chapter 1.
Take a look at this short video about dream jobs:
In your Discussion thread, think about how you can connect your dream job to the purpose of your white paper report.
- First, discuss why you chose your dream job and how your college major is useful.
- Second, talk about why you feel the dream job is a logical step for you, and show your connections to the qualifications (things that qualify you for the job).
- Third, discuss what you think about the skills or duties for the dream job (what you are expected to do on the job).
Your response should be 250 – 300 words.