Prepare a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you analyze the motivations for the United States to procure California.
Address the following questions in your analysis: Using an Introduction and Conclusion
- What motivated the United States to procure California?
- How did the idea of Manifest Destiny and suspicions of foreign interest in California affect the process of the United States gaining California?
- What factors impeded California statehood?
- Were American fears of foreign interest in California unfounded?
- What was the historical context of the California statehood debate?
- Did the Gold Rush influence the United States in this decision?
- Did the conditions and actions of Forty-Eighters and Forty-Niners have any political influence?
Format your assignment according to appropriate course-level APA guidelines.