In the role of a school administrator, prepare a PowerPoint presentation for your staff about new policies that address violence and discipline in the school. Be sure to include the following in your presentation:
- Explain new policies you would like to implement within the school.
- Explain how these policies benefit staff.
- Explain how these policies benefit the students in terms of violence and discipline issues.
- Determine how these new policies will influence the climate of the school.
- Identify who is responsible for enforcing the policies.
- Describe the consequences for policy violation.
- Include at least three strategies mentioned in the readings.
- Include any other pertinent information and examples you deem necessary.
Incorporate appropriate animations, transitions, and graphics as well as speaker notes for each slide. The speaker notes may be comprised of brief paragraphs or bulleted lists.
Support your presentation with at least five scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources may be included.
Length: 12-15 slides (with a separate reference slide)
Notes Length: 200-350 words for each slide
3.0 Assess and recommend the principles of school safety in creating safe learning environments.
4.0 Analyze the critical components of humane, equitable, and consistent enforcement of school safety rules and policies to develop recommendations.
5.0 Evaluate a school’s safety and crisis management/intervention plans.
6.0 Synthesize current school safety best practices into a safety and crisis intervention plan.
8.0 Evaluate the impact of classroom management and school climate as it relates to safety for students and adult staff.
Forte, L. (2010). A holistic approach.
Films Media Group. (2001). School shooting scenario [Video file].
School access: https://my.ncu.edu/Week/WeekDetail?weekid=52285&le…