Investigate social media usage policies for employees and supervisors in your field (and include your place of work, if you already have a job in your field). Then write a memo for new employees in your office in which you complete the following:
- Explain typical expectations for social media use in the workplace.
- Describe social media expectations and regulations you will experience inside the field regarding your personal life. For example, will you be restricted from posting about where you work or what you do for a living, or from even having social media accounts under your real name?
To develop this assignment:
- Review the “Social Media” section in M: Business Communication, page 35.
- Use the Capella University Library to search for current articles about employees and social media or employees and social networking policies.
- Compare the information from the articles you found to your company’s policies or policies for your field.
- Draw conclusions based on your own use of social media and your current job situation or a future job.
- Include two APA (the most current edition) citations for this assignment.
- Written communication: Writing should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA style and formatting.
- Length of paper: 2–3 pages.
- Font and font size: Arial, 10 point.