You are asked to write a summary of the article found on pp. 80-81 in AW entitled “The Right to Bury the (Online) Past.” This will be considered your real summary, worth 5% of your grade.
A good summary includes:
– an introduction with all the necessary information to show this is a summary.
– a well organized body with accurate and effective transition phrases and author tags.
– a conclusion that provides closure to the summary and does not include any of your personal opinion.
– concise, clear and grammatical sound sentence structure
– no patchwork paraphrasing
– a reference page with the reference from the one article (use the AW book as the source)
The summary presentation given to you in class last week that discusses the process and what to include in the summary are found under the “Documents” tab in the PowerPoint Slide labeled “Summary.” A sample summary can be found in the following link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xZYTU7qPb4mPaprG5BLvNXLiLFZATHxK5Q06-nUPuGI/edit?usp=sharing.
You will be graded on the following:
-complete and accurate main ideas
-effective paraphrasing ability (no patchwork paraphrasing or awkward rewording)
-good organization/flow of ideas
-objectivity (which means no opinion added and adequate use of author tags)
PLEASE follow the instruction to write the summary
My grammar skill is not good, could make some mistake but underline it.