Topic Ideas: In 3-5 sentences, identify your two or three top choices for a topic and why they interest you.
Topic Selection: In 3-5 sentences, identify your final choice for a topic and why you selected it.
Thesis Development: In 3-5 sentences, indicate your perspective on the topic and reasons that support your perspective. This will form your pattern for development.
Working Thesis: Post a working thesis that:
•1. Is a single, declarative sentence
•2. Is in third person
•3. Is persuasive
•4. Includes the topic +perspective
•5. Includes at least three main ideas in the pattern for development.
•To improve the American education system, teachers and administrators must plan for and engage in meaningful, cost-effective, and time sensitive professional development.
This week, we’re in the early stages of planning for our final essay. You may have already selected a topic. If you haven’t, select a topic for our persuasion essay about which you are passionate. . After selecting your topic and watching this week’s lecture on thesis statements, post a working thesis statement in the discussion forum
Health Sciences and Nursing
- Healthcare as a right or privilege
- Mandatory or voluntary vaccines
- Electronic medical records versus paper records
- Diversity awareness in healthcare – mandatory or voluntary
Tech and Design
- Ethical responsibility for video game content – yes or no
- Video games do/do not reinforce stereotypes.
- Marketing of videogames should/should not be subject to parental control
- Websites and hypertext transfer protocols
- Interpreters in court do/do not influence verdicts and sentencing
- Mandatory sentencing is/is not a deterrent for certain crimes
- Privatizing prisons will/will not make the system more efficient
- Single parents homes do/do not cause higher crime rates
- Race helps/does not help in community policing
- Home childcare is/is not a viable alternative to day care
- Pre-school should/should not be mandatory
- Breastfeeding is/is not better for mothers and children
- Standardized testing should/should not take place in kindergarten
- Business and personal ethics should/should not converge
- Diversity awareness is/is not mandatory for success in business
- The Global Economy is/is not the basis for business expansion
- Marketing to children is/is not ethical