e-Chapters 1-6 can be found in the student center in your blackboard.
I. Chapter 2 – Ethics and Corporate Responsibility
Go into blackboard in week and click on the link entitled Nike Sweatshops. Review the video and answer the following questions:
1) Who are the stakeholders affected by Nike sweatshops?
2) Are the Nike sweatshops ethical? Why or why not?
3) Are the Nike sweatshops legal? Why or why not?
4) Could having these Nike sweatshops maximize shareholder value (profit)? Why or why not?
II. Chapter 4, Constitutional, Statutory, Administrative and Common law
A. PRESIDENT TRUMP HAS DECIDED THAT INCOME TAXES FOR MIDDLE CLASS AMERICANS ARE JUST TOO HIGH. TO PROVIDE TAX RELEIF, PRESIDENT OBAMA DRAFTS THE NO-TAXING OF MIDDLE AMERICA BILL ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 27, 2017, ABOLISHING TAXES FOR EVERY AMERICAN HOUSEHOLD THAT MAKES LESS THAN $60,000. ON MONDAY, JANUARY 30, 2017 PRESIDENT TRUMP SIGNS THE BILL INTO LAW.
1) CAN PRESIDENT TRUMP ABOLISH TAXES THROUGH THE NO TAXING OF MIDDLE AMERICA LAW? WHY OR WHY NOT?
2) IS THE LAW CONSTITUTIONAL? WHY OR WHY NOT?
B. What are the 3 branches of government? With each branch of government please give an example of what power they are allowed to exercise under the constitution.
C. Blake has lived in Rockville, MD all of his life. He has lived in his current home with his wife Madeline for over 50 years. The city wants to build a highway that runs through Blake’s home. The highway will relieve the traffic congestion. Blake does not want to move.
1) Does Blake have to move? Why or why not?
2) Does the city have to pay for his land? Why or why not
D. What is an administrative agency? What is the role of an administrative agency?