For your first five paragraph essay, write an illustration essay on one of the following topics:
- Tattoos – Is it wise to acquire a tattoo?
- Computers – Are people too dependent on technology and/or computers?
- Cell phones – Are cell phones dangerous?
- Government – Should the government have more influence on the diet of Americans?
- Television – Is the effect of television on society negative?
- Parenting – Is it acceptable to use physical means to discipline children?
Your five paragraph (400-700 words) essay should include the following:
Intro paragraph: Remember that the parts of an intro paragraph include a hook, preview of upcoming points, and end with thesis statement.
Three body paragraphs: Each should have a topic sentence, supporting details that include at least one illustration, and a conclusion sentence.
Conclusion paragraph: Each conclusion paragraph should begin with one’s rephrased thesis statement. Next, summarize the main points. Finally, leave the reader with something to ponder.
Research is not needed for this essay. Draft your own illustrations and arguments to support your thesis statement in each paragraph. Additionally, remember to avoid first and second person language (I, me, my, we, our, us, you, your, yourselves, etc.).