Find the attachment to read the 3 chapters and write about it
Academic Analysis Of Literature
Project 1: Literary Analysis
In this literary analysis essay, students will discover a thesis in the text of an author and support this thesis with textual evidence. This section will be using Olive Kitteridge in order to discuss the interrelationship of character, theme, and rhetorical style in a chosen chapter.
This project asks you to analyze a literary work in terms of major fictional elements, in particular character and theme. You will choose a character from one of the first three stories that we cover in class, and engage with the character as a vehicle for a major theme. You should consider the narrative, the personality traits, the relationships, and the overriding meanings that evolve through the character’s role in the story. You should also select a major passage that serves to illustrate your claim about meaning evolving from the character. In that passage also consider rhetorical style as a means of supporting the development of your claim.
The major parts of this paper are as follows:
- An introduction with a clear, direct thesis in the proper position;
- A short abstractive summary of the character’s narrative in the chapter;
- An analysis of the character’s personality;
- A close reading of a selected illustrative passage;
- A concluding discussion of the relationship between character and theme.
1000 words, MLA format