Select and complete one of the following assignment options:
Write a 350- to 700-word paper on the subject of visual arts, in which you define the purpose and language of the visual arts. Imagine that your paper on visual arts is to be included in a university presentation on art history and art appreciation topics.
Include the following in your paper:
- A definition of the visual arts
- A discussion of the visual arts as distinct from other forms of creative expression
- A listing of the different media of visual art, such as painting, sculpture, photography, and so on, with a brief definition of each
- A definition of the meaning of historical, social, and aesthetic values and eras in visual art
- A discussion of the factors that influence the way people interpret works of visual art as a cultural value
Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines. This means that a title page, introduction, and conclusion are present. Legitimate scholarly references (not Wikipedia, Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, or About.com) should be used and cited, including a reference page. 3-5 sources are required.
Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab.