Human service interventions are delivered by one person (the human service worker) to others with the goal of improving quality of life, decreasing distress, and/or changing behavior. This human-to-human contact can impact the quality of the intervention, based on how self-aware the person delivering the intervention is willing to be.
- Refer to the Tennille, Solomon, and Blank (2010) article assigned in this week’s readings.
- Write a 2-3 page paper acknowledging personal beliefs and biases that could impact your work as a human service professional, based on your personal experience in the field or on your studies of Human Services thus far.
- Identify the source of your beliefs and biases and discuss how they could negatively impact the work you might do with service recipients.
- Identify a plan for how you would approach these challenges, should they present themselves.
- APA Formatting Requirments