In an essay of 500-750 words, provide a usable definition for critical literacy and discuss the significance of critical literacy to adolescents.
Cite a minimum of three academic sources.
In addition, conduct and summarize (in 500-750 words) two peer interviews that address the following:
- What is critical literacy? Why is it important?
- How often do you use critical literacy strategies within your classroom?
- Describe some of the strategies you use to engage students in critical literacy.
- Describe some of the activities in which students engage around critical literacy.
- In your summary, include an analysis of your peers’ levels of knowledge and comfort in regard to critical literacy instruction. Justify your analysis. Cite a minimum of three academic sources.