Research and write an analytical paper comparing and contrasting the political views of two philosophers.
Within your paper discuss how the views of your two chosen philosophers on the one chosen political issue relate to that same political issue today. Share your own well-supported views on the matter in a conclusion. Your paper should be 6-8 full pages in length, plus a cover page and a References Page.
I need: ****Announce Topic ****Outline and Annotated Bibliography****6-8 pages in length (body paragraphs) + Title Page + Works Cited Page****
- Announce Topic
How are your two philosophers coming along? Take time to finalize your search for the two and write a paragraph in which you announce their names and the one area of political thought for comparison. In a sentence or two, explain what draws you to this focus.
**These are the pre-selected and thought options**
Philosopher Options (choose two) –
Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, St. Augustine, St. Aquinas, Luther, Calvin, Machiavelli, Hobbes, Locke, Rousseau, Marx, Smith, de Tocqueville, Sartre, Arendt, and Rawls
Areas of political thought options (choose one) –
- Human Conflict – the nature and causes thereof.
- The best or best possible cooperative social arrangements, capable of resolving or diminishing society’s common problems.
- The moral foundations of political legitimacy (what is the good state).
- Who should govern – one, few, or many?
- Outline and Annotated Bibliography
Write your Outline and Bibliography. The Outline should contain your thesis statement and the remainder should be a full sentence outline where you specifically show how your paper will flow.
The Annotated Bibliography should include no fewer than 5 sources (but not your text). You should find a minimum 3 sources from the Rasmussen library. Remember that this is different from a traditional bibliography. First list the reference in APA format just as you would on a reference page. However, directly below the reference, provide an annotation in three parts: (1) a 2-3 sentence summary of the reference; (2) a brief assessment or evaluation of the source (why it’s reliable, how it compares with others, and so on); (3) a 1-2 sentence reflection on the source (how it will help your project).
- Paper criteria
- Compared and contrasted the views of two philosophers on one of the provided political areas.
- Discussed how the views of the philosophers relate to that same political issue today.
- 6-8 pages in length (body paragraphs) + Title Page + Works Cited Page
- Uses clear, concise, complete sentences, transitions between paragraphs, standard spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Includes at least six citations from different research sources. At least three should come from the online library.