You have noticed several schools in your community have been reporting failing scores and are struggling to engage students. In this Assignment you will be working with a group of peers to design a new school to serve the children in your community. The design of the school will be based on what you have learned about the concept of multiple intelligences through your textbook and at least two additional sources.
Create a minimum 15 slide PowerPoint presentation incorporating the following elements:
- Compare and contrast traditional theories on intelligence with Gardner’s theory of Multiple Intelligences.
- Based on what you have learned about the theory of multiple intelligences, describe how students in your new school would be grouped.
- List the subject areas that would be taught in your school and describe how learning would be assessed.
- Describe how Gardner’s theory would help shape the layout of the school.
- Explore the characteristics and strengths that the teaching staff should comprise.
Please keep the following expectations in mind:
- A minimum of 15 slides (not including title, team member page, and references slides).
- A title slide with a title that clearly indicates the topic of the presentation.
- A team member page with each team member’s name.
- Use one basic slide design and layout.
- Use charts and graphs as needed.
- Limit slides to between 6 and 8 lines of content.
- Use bullets for your main points.
- Use speaker notes to fully explain what is being discussed in the bullet points as though you are presenting to an audience.
- Use APA citations on appropriate slides.
- If images are used, they should be properly referenced.
- A minimum of three academic or scholarly sources (not including of the textbook) must be used.
Team break down
School name: Growing Minds Academy
Team break up 8 of the Gardner’s theory we each cover 2 (page 253 in textbook)
Ladonna: Musical intelligence and Spatial intelligence
AnnMarie: Interpersonal and Intrapersonal intelligence
Wanda: Logical Mathematical and Naturalist intelligence
Pearlie: Bodily kinetheic and Linguistic intelligence
Fern : Work on the introduction and Triarchic theory of intelligence
School should be based on improving overall reading for grades K-5
Providing supporting charts on how we will grow the kids minds and advance their reading (Example a kid could be failing and we start a Power reading program and the kids win prizes for reading and we test them every 6 weeks to see if their skills advance. We motivated them to read now our kids scores are 40% greater than last years and in the top 20% of the district ( I am the one name Wanda Lowry: Logical Mathematical and Naturalist intelligence )