This discussion board relates to this week’s learning objective: Examining Child welfare policies and social worker roles. Identify older adult development in societal context. Discuss skills used in gerontology, school, and child social work.
The purpose of this discussion board is to help you evaluate how a client’s developmental stage impacts their roles, expectations, and attitudes. Additionally, you will become more familiar with how society regards people in certain life stages and places expectations on them. You will also begin to identify skills, values, and roles that social workers play across the life-span. You can reach learning objectives by reading the case study you are assigned (found in the File Exchange within your group) and providing a thoughtful response that includes critical thinking. You will be expected to apply course concepts to your client’s case.
Create a new thread and in the subject line have your name and the title. Posts should be no less than 300 words and no more than 500 words. Address the following questions in your response:
- Based on your client’s biological age, what stage of human development are they in? How is your client’s human developmental stage relevant to the case? What unique ethical concerns arise during your client’s stage, and how would you address them? (Hint: Ch7 Talks about birth – 18 CH 8 Talks about 65+ See the Developmental Stages Power Point in the module for additional information.)
- What are two social welfare policies (Macro Social Work) that your textbook mentioned that you think could help your client based on their Human Developmental Stage and their presenting problems and needs? Why did you select these two programs? (Consult and use your course textbook for specific social policies/programs. Hint: Ch 7, 8, and 11 have some specific policies, as does the rest of the textbook.)
- What kinds of attitudes does the public display toward people who are in the same human developmental stage as your client? What are the expectations does society have for people in that human development stage?
- What is your role as a social worker based on your client’s human developmental stage? How could you help your client navigate the attitudes and expectations they face from society?
- What is one question that you have about your case study/client and its relation to this week’s module material
- Please ensure that you respond to at least one peer in addition to your own post! Peer responses are expected to be a minimum of 100 words. Be sure to include critical thinking and thoughtful feedback in your response to ensure you earn the full amount of points in your post.