- Beck Anxiety Inventory.
- Detailed Assessment of Posttraumatic Stress (DAPS).
- Symptom Checklist-90-Revised (SCL-90-R).
- Child Behavior Checklist (CBCL).
- Behavior Assessment System for Children (BASC-2) (2nd ed.).
- Substance Abuse Subtle Screening Inventory (SASSI-3).
- Michigan Alcoholism Screening Test (MAST).
- Campbell Interest and Skills Survey (CISS).
- Marital Satisfaction Inventory–Revised (MSI–R).
- Parent-Child Relationship Inventory (PCRI).
- Eating Disorder Inventory-3 (EDI-3).
this assignment, you will be comparing the constructs of two
assessment tools. Use the Resources provided and the University
Library to complete the following:
- Select an assessment tool from those listed in the Resources area and one additional assessment tool from the literature using the Capella University Library. The assessment tools should measure the same construct. For example, if you select the Beck Anxiety Inventory from the Resources area, you would want to select another tool from the literature that also measures anxiety.
- Examine the key test measurement constructs of reliability and validity for each tool, and compare these constructs for each tool.You will want to describe the methods used to acquire reliability and validity for each assessment and also discuss how the constructs relate to each other between the two assessment tools.
- Describe how results on each assessment are interpreted. For example, how are scores interpreted in comparison to group means and norms (for a standardized or norm-referenced test) or to cutoff scores (for criterion-referenced test)? How are scores on this assessment correlated with other tests that measure the same construct?
- Incorporate a minimum of six scholarly research studies analyzing the effectiveness of each selected assessment tool in professional settings.
- Based on the review of literature, evaluate which assessment tool has clearer application of measurement concepts.
Please use the Assignment Template listed under Resources to compose your Comparison of Assessment Tool Constructs paper.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors so that the overall message is clear.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style.
- Number of resources: Minimum of six scholarly resources (distinguished submissions will likely exceed that minimum).
- Length of paper: Six to eight double-spaced, typed pages, excluding title and reference pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
The abstract appears on a page by itself and is in single paragraph using block format and is double spaced. The abstract is a summary of your paper which allows the reader to quickly review what will be covered. Limit the abstract to 150–250 words.
Unit and Assignment Title
Start writing your introduction here (1–2 paragraphs). An effective introduction prepares the reader by identifying the purpose of the paper and providing the organization of the paper. Please double-space and remember to indent all paragraphs throughout your paper. (Not block form!) Aim to keep your writing objective using third person (see handout in the discussion board). Unless required for the specific assignment, please do not include a Table of Contents, as it is not APA style. Review paper guidelines on page requirements and number of sources required (if provided). Unless citing a classic work, aim to cite research articles and texts published within the past five years. Please use headings throughout your paper that are consistent with the paper’s scoring guide (that way you ensure you are adequately addressing all required areas.)
When you finish writing your paper, re-read it to check for errors and make sure your ideas flow well. A helpful tip is to read your paper aloud to yourself. If it does not sound right to your ear – it is not working on paper! Please submit your papers to Turnitin (link in the course homepage) to check for plagiarism. Also, remember as a Capella learner you have free access through iGuide to personal tutoring services with smarthinking.com.
Level 1 Heading: Centered, Boldface, Uppercase and Lowercase Heading
Review the evaluation categories in the scoring guide to ensure you are addressing the ‘Distinguished’ category for all sections of your paper.
Level 2 Heading (if needed): Flushed Left, Boldface, Upper and Lowercase Heading
For papers in this course, this will likely be all the heading levels you will need. You can review the APA Manual, 6th edition, section 3.03 for more guidance.
Please provide a conclusion that summarizes the main ideas of your paper.
Gladding, S. T., & Newsome, D. W. (2010). Clinical mental health counseling in community and
agency settings (3rd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Merrill.
Consult your APA Manual for proper examples on citing and referencing APA style. The Capella Writing Center also has helpful tutorials. Below is a list of common errors; please pay particular attention to:
- Use of upper and lower case.
- Use of double-spacing.
- Comma/period placement.