Because you initiated this change, your supervisor requested that you give the presentation regarding this upcoming change. Prepare either a patient- or staff-oriented presentation that includes why you and your supervisor felt the change was necessary. You need to present the issue, the need for change, and much of the key evidence that you found to support the planned change.
Complete the following: the change is about Quality Improvement in Patient Care research should base on these articles
Lam, M., O’Donnell, M., & Robertson, D. (2015). Achieving employee commitment for
continuous improvement initiatives. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 35(2), 201-215.
Johnson, D. M., Russell, R. S., & White, S. W. (2016). Perceptions of care quality and the effect
on patient satisfaction. International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, 33(8), 1202-1229.
Russell, R. S., Johnson, D. M., & White, S. W. (2015). Patient perceptions of quality: analyzing patient satisfaction surveys. International Journal of Operations & Production
Management, 35(8), 1158-1181.
Savage, C., Parke, L., von Knorring, M., & Mazzocato, P. (2016). Does lean muddy the quality
improvement waters? A qualitative study of how a hospital management team understands lean in the context of quality improvement. BMC health services research, 16(1), 588.
- Develop a simple patient- or staff-oriented presentation of 12–15 slides.
- Include all of the following slide headings:
- Clinical Issue
- Implications of Noncompliance
- Evidence (the 5 current [within the past 5 years] scholarly or peer-reviewed articles, with 1 slide for each article)
- Patient Guidelines or Nursing Practice Guidelines (depending on the patient care issue)
- Benefits of Following the Guidelines
- Some guidelines include the following:
- Include approximately 3 graphics. (Do not include too many because classroom system uploading may be difficult.)
- Use bullets rather than paragraph narratives.