Identify the nursing practice issue or problem that you have noted from your clinical nursing experience.
• Identify concepts or variables relevant to the issue/problem and offer brief definitions of those concepts.
• Justify the choice of your nursing practice issue or health problem (what you saw and why it requires attention).
• Perform an extensive search of relevant databases, using recent literature. Attempt to use literature related to the topic published in the last 5 years, except seminal literature.
• Compare and contrast the different authors’ views and conclusions on the issue/problem
• Identify current knowledge of the issue/problem and gaps that need to be filled (refer to the table to see what gaps are and how to identify them).
• Identify the gap(s) your research aims to fill.
Note: You should keep a written record of your thoughts on aspects of the methodology and research outcomes that may inform the next steps of the research process.
Research Question/ Hypothesis
• The research question helps to clarify exactly what it is that you want to find out to answer the research issue or problem. It should be constructed in such a way that the aim of the research in improving nursing practice is clear.
• The hypothesis should be directional and formulated as a statement that makes the research outcome in improving nursing practice clear.
• Based on the literature review of the topic of interest, provide the significance of the chosen nursing practice issue or health problem and applicability in everyday nursing practice (refer to Table 1 on page 14 to see what significance of research means and how to justify for it).
The post Identify the nursing practice issue or problem that you have noted from your clinical nursing experience. appeared first on Dissertation Help Service.