Describe a multi-step process for allocating financial resources among several strategic projects, in addition to other non-strategic capital investment proposals.
1. Which is more important – the formulation of a strategy or its implementation? Hint: either answer is correct as long as it is well explained.
2. In what ways could an organization’s culture affect, positively or negatively, the success of its strategic plans?
3. Describe the three basic forms of organizational structure and the strategic conditions to which they are best suited.
4. Describe the three ways that personnel in functional areas can provide valuable inputs to the strategic planning and management process.
5. Give three examples of functional area strategies that could be used to support an organization-wide strategy.
6. Explain the several steps in the process by which a strategic plan is broken down into tasks and activities that can be performed by individual employees.
7. Describe a multi-step process for allocating financial resources among several strategic projects, in addition to other non-strategic capital investment proposals.
8. A well-conceived strategic plan can fail through mistakes made in its implementation. What are at least five ways in which strategy implementation can go wrong?
Chapter 10 Questions
1. Exactly what is an organization paying attention to through its strategic monitoring program?
2. What are some of the elements and trends in the health care industry that make strategic monitoring especially important?
3. List 10 significant developments or changes in an organization’s competitive or market environment that might be discovered by a good strategic monitoring program.
4. Compare and contrast the monitoring of trends and events in the past, the present, and the future. Explain how monitoring can occur in each of those three time
frames and their significance to the strategy implementation process.
5. Describe the steps that a managed care organization might follow in setting up a strategic monitoring program. Explain how those steps and the resulting program
might differ in a small physician group practice.
6. What are the differences in strategic monitoring programs at the level of multi-SBU corporations and individual SBUs?
7. What policies or procedures might a health care organization use to decide when changes in its external environment require some type of change or adjustment in its
8. Discuss some of the changes that an organization might make to an ongoing strategy in response to developments it has observed in its external environment.
The post Describe a multi-step process for allocating financial resources among several strategic projects, in addition to other non-strategic capital investment proposals. appeared first on Dissertation Help Service.